View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #167
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Has anyone noticed how many player have been released lately..i mean its just getting ridicules. I know some of it has to do with some contracts being guaranteed after a certain date, but mann teams are just disposing of players a week after they sign them. Its crazy.

I hope the Toronto trade happens ; )
It's all money teams like the clippers and Grizzlies are able to absorb some salary under the lux tax and while doing that they take a long some pocket change. I think Miami moving Livingston to Memphis gives them enough space under the tax to take on Zo at the vet mini. Raptors had to move Adams to get under the tax found a willing taker in LA, Clipps needed bodies and their open spot came down to Adams or Fred Jones. Jones knew the system and it would take Adams time to get the system down pat, so they went with the immediate help in bringing back jones...it's all a business at this point, 10 day contracts are around the corner. In another FA bit, the Grizzlies just released Darius Miles. Supposedly, he's only 2 games played from being added back to Portland's salary structure. Preseason games count, he played 6 with Boston and 2 regular season games with the Grizz. Reading that the Nuggets may just bring him in to play those 2 games, with Melo out. Also there's a thought that Portland may claim him off waivers and just sit him on the bench to avoid the salary returning to it's cap figure and tax.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote