View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #113
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I have no idea why you'd say that last part, especially considering how strapped we'll be for cap space as we enter free agency. I'd rather look into signing a guy like Kwame for 1yr/$3M than Dalembert at 4yrs/$18-20M. I think that's what each guy will realistically command on the open market, though the Bobcats might overpay for Kwame, considering he had arguably the best season of his career for them last season.

Saying I'd rather have somebody is in no way saying he's a better player. I'm saying I'd take the guy that will bring more value to us. And getting extremely similar production from a guy that plays the same game as Dalembert at a fraction of the price.
Let's remember that the Mavs don't even have the ability to offer a 4 yr/18-20M contract to someone that is not their own free agent. Unless they amnesty Haywood.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 11-28-2011 at 02:04 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote