View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #22
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Ranking the game's best power forwards (Dirk #3)

He doesnt touch duncan as a passer? That is one of the biggest misconceptions in the nba. They are pretty damn close. Dirk gets almost the same amount of assist and this year had more. He has traditionally turned the ball over less with them having almsot identical assist/to ratios. Btw Duncan is not primarily a post player. That is the other huge misconception of Duncan. He like dirk lives off of midrange jumpers. He posts more than dirk dont get me wrong but he is not PRIMARILY a post player. Just think about it what is his signature move? That bank shot and thats not a post move. Dirk opens things up every bit as much as duncan does. Was ginobili the mvp of the finals? I dont know i hate ginobili so im probably not the best judge but I think i woulda given it to duncan. However i think its odd that the same people who think duncan was the mvp in the finals bitch and moan about dirks performance in the first round. They were very similar. The defense keyed on them which let a perimeter player go off. However dirk was ridiculed as being horrible and just generally maligned. Whereas duncan won finals mvp. In that one series dirk was every bit the defensive player duncan is.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote