View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #7620
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It wasn't Josh and junk. During a statistical analysis convention earlier this year, Cuban argued with a few other NBA people on a panel that he felt the Mavs offer for KG was superior to Boston's and that Boston's was accepted because of the relationship between McHale and Ainge.

Whether that has any merit is impossible to know without knowing what Dallas' actual offer was, but they obviously weren't outbidding Boston (even in Cuban's mind) without offering Josh and other quality pieces. It was widely assumed that Josh and Devin and perhaps Jet were part of the package, along with other pieces.

As Dirno said, I never saw it reported anywhere that the Mavs refused to part with Josh to get KG.
I highly doubt that Devin was one of the pieces. I insist that our best offer was Josh and junk.

Did that get outbid? Obviously it did. But I suspect it was our best offer.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote