View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 11:53 PM   #36
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
Tyson Chandler and Ricky Rubio.
I'm sure this will be wildly unpopular around these parts but I think Rubio is a better long-term option than Conley, considering both players' ages and the fact that Conley is going to cost about $10M more per year.

Rubio is four years younger than Conley. He's arguably the best defensive point guard in the league (advances stats darling, also typically near the league lead in steals). The drawbacks with him are obviously his health (that I think would be less of a factor with a much better training staff here... Minnesota can't ever seem to keep their veterans healthy) and his considerable shooting/turnover issues. All of that said though... he's still freaking 26 and on an awesome contract (3 years left totaling about $43M) with the current cap! Again, a big issue there is that I don't think we have the assets to trade for him unless Minnesota just wants to salary dump him. I'd guess they won't unless they sign a big-time free agent or two, because they'll need his ~$14M just to hit the salary floor.

Considering the dearth of available point guards this summer, Rubio would be manna from heaven.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote