View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 12:33 AM   #42
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Wes is overpaid. If the MBT negotiated that contingency w/him(and JJ for that matter) than that just proves that they are poor negotiators. Unless trading with Ernie Grunfeld- he makes them look good. but then everyone got over on Ernie.

..And I'm not so sure teams are beating down our door for Wes. I think we'd take back another crap contract or two in return. It'd be a glorified salary dump w/ a minor asset attached. That extra money they gave him post Deandre drama, combined this $ with yet ANOTHER presumed Dirk paycut and then let's say Parsons gives us a discount to add to the largesse; youre talking about potentially an extra 10-12 million this Summer to spend on FA. Seriously though, why should Dirk&CP take a cut? The incompetence of Cuban got them in this predicament- few assets and a touch of cap mismanagement.

Wes is also an overrated defender. On the ball he's pretty damn good. But he gets caught ball watching and gives up open 3's and backdoors(hes sometimes overly aggresive and thus easy to backdoor)on the regular. Devin is also guilty of this. Getting sucked in to "help" on defense when it's not necessary or even your job. I'm repeating myself here but I think it's necessary to provide a corrective to the false narrative of Wes as some great defender. Hes a better than average defender, no doubt. His flaws have little if anything to do with his injury but are more mental mistakes. And I'm sure were evident in Portland too we just didn't see them often enough to notice.

Last edited by mac222b; 05-05-2016 at 12:36 AM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote