View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #34
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
IMO, this trade was insurance against Ginobili moving, since he is in his last year.

They are retooling, and what they lost wasn't extensive, but they are still a big short. They still need more shooting, and they need health from older players.

I think their defense is weakened as well. I am not sure it is as good a deal as some here have made it out to be. It is a good deal for them, I am just not sure it is that GREAT of a deal.
I'd say it's more insurance against Ginobili getting hurt again. You're right that the Spurs still need a big. This deal in and of itself is great, but if they don't fill their other gaping hole for a guy to put next to Duncan then it doesn't matter. The Spurs had two glaring needs to address this offseason and they've taken care of one.

I'm not worried about the Spurs defense. Their D wasn't Spurs caliber this year anyways. Even if there is a dropoff it's going to be more than offset by what Jefferson brings offensively.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote