View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #103
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Yeah, I had no problem at all understanding your take.

I believe one possible explanation for the Mavericks going (pretty far) out of their way to re-route Ariza and bring in Johnson might be that they (Carlisle included) see a real NEED for another legit, modern 4. If that's the case, it would seem like he's going to get a chance.

There could be an alternate reason for this, but if so, I'm not seeing it. Again, Ariza is just as expiring as Johnson, so the increased flexibility aspect of the move would've been accomplished either way. For some reason, they specifically wanted Johnson and were willing to part with an additional 2nd round pick to get him.
i gotta believe it's for his defensive chops and i'm hoping that alone will get him a regular role with the team. i mean we were rolling out MKG for crap's sake - JJ is a huge upgrade there being able to throw him out there for 20-25 minutes to play defense while not going 4v5 on the offensive side. it's an interesting consideration knowing that maybe they had the choice to go for Ariza instead.

Does anyone think DFS takes another step forward this year? What does our closing line up look like? I think DFS was definitely a staple there last year but i'm excited that we have the depth to where maybe he's not always on the floor at the end of a close game depending on matchups.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote