View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #410
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
YEah I get what you are saying, there is no guarantee Chandler is going to be healthy and I agree that Hollins could be Chandler+ if he worked really hard. I just think so many times players as big as Shaq with that age and mileage, his mind is telling him he can play and he still wants to play in his heart but my point is that I think it all betrays his body and legs when he actually has to go out and do it. I just don't want to be the team that he just can't do this anymore with, ya know? That could be disastrous if all we have is Hollins as a backup and he hasn't improved like we really need and Shaq goes down or something.

I really want Hollins to blossom, we are due and deserve a guy to improve within the system. That would be ideal imo, but we are obviously in no situation to stand pat in hopes.
Shaq played 75 games...SEVENTY-FIVE games this year. They did the B2B security option early in the year and I think that was blown up to be a bigger issue than it clearly was. The bigger issue is finding a way to take away the Phoenix training staff or finding the next best thing for him to keep him and anyone else on our team extra healthy.

You can't base your decision based off of fear of injury, that's just not going to get you anywhere. Make your move, live with the result.