View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
I think Mekel has a better chance to remain consistent or slightly improve as he gains experience than Crowder.

There is no way Crowder maintains this pace. I remember early last season, he started off hot with the 3...He will come down to earth. Where I really want to see Crowder improve is his inside game. He has shown more of a willingness to drive, get inside and do other things than just shoot the 3 pointer, in comparison to last year. He does still struggle when heavily defended, but looks more confident and willing to pass off the ball.

As someone mentioned - pre-season is no indicator of anything. I also think the 1st 10-20 games are no indicator either. Let's re-visit this January. That is when the Mavericks wheels were falling off last year....
I think the Dec/early Jan slump last year had a lot to do with getting used to Dirk being back in the rotation (and his slow return) and inconsistent guard play. By mid January, the team had turned the corner. I do not think Crowder can maintain the pace, but so far he's looking great.