Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 03:09 AM   #742
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Man, looking at our remaining schedule... IF we can go 1-5 over our next 6 games AND lose both to CHI & MEM, then we're going to be in beautiful shape for our tank. The tough part will be losing to MEM, especially if Carlisle is going to run out heavy minutes for Barnes, Barea, Dirk and Wes.

Going 1-5 could be more challenging if Noel comes back, but we face IND, NO, and DEN during that 6 game stretch, all of whom are in tight playoff races. I don't see those teams taking us lightly. OKC is a different story. That might be the game we win.

If we could go 1-5, then we're only at 19 wins with just 16 games left to go. I'd have us at 22 or 23 wins at the end of the season. We'd be in prime position for worst record in the league at that point.

I mean, there's so many games of those remaining 16 that you just can't see the Mavs winning.

The very first vs HOU on the 2nd night of a back-to-back.

@ TOR, and then hopefully a loss @ BKN the very next night on the 2nd night of a back-to-back.

@ LAL on the 2nd night of a back-to-back

vs MIN with them fighting for playoff seeding late in the season

@ CLE with the way the Cavs have played since all of their trades, I don't see a W there.

vs POR with them fighting for playoff seeding and then @ ORL the next night on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, hopefully we would saddle ORL with a W in that one.

There just aren't very many games where you see the Mavs having a chance. Of course, I haven't looked at all of the opponents to see when they're on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, but this is a big 6 game stretch for the Mavs. 1-5 or 0-6 is money in the bank!!

Edit: Damn, Memphis is on the 2nd night of a back-to-back when we play them. That loss just got 3x harder. BKN is on a back-to-back too, and so is ORL... Sheesh... That MEM game on March 10th is freaking HUGE. I think their tank efforts have been the strongest so far this season. If the Mavs have half a brain, they'll pull out all the stops for that one.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 02-25-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote