View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was a mess. I'll call this one more piece of evidence in favor of my theory that back-to-back's usually take a bigger toll on the start of the second game than they do on the end (unless said end stretches into overtime, in which case maybe it takes a toll on both).

The win is all Vince's. Can't expect him to do what he did tonight against the top defensive teams, but from the point when it looked like Dallas couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time up to the couple of unfortunate miscues in OT, you couldn't have possibly asked for more from him.

Another game where I liked the way Mayo played outside of scoring. And his transition offense was obviously terrific in the 4th.

Really encouraged by how well the Dirk at center lineup scrambled defensively. Not so encouraged by Dirk's offensive rust.

I would appreciate it if DC could go just one late game stretch without having a play or two where he turns into a drooling, vegetative gumball of a point guard.

I wonder if Mike James will get some of the credit for this? I sort of hope not, because he was fairly mistake-prone himself. His mistakes just somehow ended up turning out tolerably for the team. In his defense, though, at least his defensive rotations were solid.