View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #12
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

U2 hit it on the head. Guys are only allowed to buy christmas gifts on December 24th, right before the mall closes.

as for the gift itself - $1000 seems like A LOT to spend on a girlfriend. I'm not a cheapskate, but the only time i ever spent more than that on my wife was for her engagement ring (and i spent much more than that).

I bought the diamonds for her ring from a diamond dealer, not from a jeweler. Jewelers are grade A rip-offs. Tiffany's stuff should be 50% cheaper than they are, except they have that name attached.

I have actually bought some jewelry online from BlueNile.com. It has a good reputation, and i've been very happy with the stuff from there. Granted, I've never bought a diamond from there.

This was my feeling with girlfriends. I'd buy them a diamond at one time only - when I bought her an engagement ring. I didn't just buy a diamond for anyone i dated (and i've dated a few girls for more than 1.5 years). you can ultimately make your own decision, that's just my viewpoint.