View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #42
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I think McCain was clearly more comfortable on the substance, and he spent most of the evening on the offensive. Obama did a fair job for most of the evening of getting his talking points out on the table, but McCain wore him down as the debate went on, won the head-to-head exchanges, and was easily the more knowledgeable of the two candidates. By the end of the debate, the experience and knowledge gap was evident.

The reason I say that Obama did well enough for his purposes is that he just had to survive this debate. I think he accomplished that.