View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #57
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

In terms of debate...at best this was a tie.

It was about what anyone could have expected.

Obama was very articulate and appeared to be the more polished actor on stage. It's as if he has been well coached on what to say and how to say it. But was it the real him, or some character he is playing?

McCain was very knowledgable and although he tried to be warm on stage, this is not his best environment. He did appear more presenditial in that he consistantly referred to Senator Obama, while Obama tried to minimize the stage and refer to Senator McCain as "John". IMHO, this was HIGHLY inappropriate and showed me another level of poor judgement by Obama.

But my opinion is extremely clouded and I acknowledge that. This is the reason I call this a tie.

I believe that there is a strong number of people who are vulnerable to being woooed by Obama and his stage presence and demeanor is that of a broadway actor. He's like an American Idol contestant and lord knows when people vote for an Idol, we all are scratching our heads wondering how they keep advancing.

In my eyes, McCain is genuine, authentic and full of substance that I believe is ready to lead this nation.

Obama is a puppet and I fear the puppet master.

It's been said for years that the only thing that can destroy America is America itself...Obama is a step in that direction. But I digress...

This debate was a tie, saddly it's not a result of the meat in the debate but in the delivery of the message. It's on eye candy and not the issues...I supppose it comes down to what people value:

Do they want someone that looks good, looks like change or do they want someone who actually has the scars and wisdom to understand the impact of the decisions he will make?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote