Thread: Drew Gooden
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 12:07 PM   #28
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Drew Gooden

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Hahahaha... What a joke. You accuse the Ape of having a "mancrush" on the all-time leading shotblocker in Dallas Mavericks history, while you yourself, appear to be positively gushing about a scrub-ass piece of shit like Drew Gooden.

Well Dooby, all I'll say is that you have the right to hold on to your evident Drew Gooden "mancrush" for as long as that strange pleasure continues to sate your desires, but as you do so, I won't refrain from calling you a hypocrite.

I find it absolutely absurd that you would dare to rip on the basketball production of an Antoine Walker all last year (the three time all-star produced 14 ppg, 8.3 rpg, and 4.5 apg while busting his ass playing all five positions for our Mavs and guarding our foes best post players night after night), and now you are sputtering on about the vaunted abilities of chump fools like Juwan Howard and his young, worthless clone, and former protege Drew Gooden (He of that amazing Orlando 12 ppg and 6.5 rpg that you were just bragging about).

Is Gooden's man-on-man defense better than Walker's? Is he a better rebounder? Is he a better passer, or will he ever be? Is he a better long range shooter? Does he have better post scoring ability? And would he fit in better, and help our Mavs more than the Employee?

Go ahead and give me an unqualified "Yes" to any of my posed questions, and I'll anticipate that response by stating in advance that you are full of dog poop.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Nice shooting Tex.

I am not sure how "more upside than Josh Howard long-term" is "gushing." Gooden is 6-10, 240 and averages 12 and 6. NBA economics all but dictate that guy gets the MLE. I didn't even like Juwan Howard very much when he was here, but Juwan's problems were with the fact that he never earned his contract, not that he couldn't play.

I don't think I have ever said "Walker sucks", but I may be wrong. I hate his game, like I hate all volume shooters (I hate Iverson's offensive game too). I believe I said Walker was overpaid, which is true. I believe I said Walker was overweight, which is half-true (so am I). I believe I said Walker has a bad attitude, which is true. I believe I said Walker was a bad fit on this team, which is true. I believe I said Walker is a bad fit for Nellie, which is true.

Specific answers to specific rhetorical questions: I have a hard time putting "man-on-man defender" and Walker in the same sentence, much less say he's better than Gooden. Walker is a better rebounder. Walker is a better passer. Gooden has a better fieldgoal percentage, but by "longrange", you mean threes, which is kind of a ridiculous point to assert as for Gooden's two year career, he has shot less 1/3 the three pointers that Walker took last season. Gooden is not a bad post player. And yes, I think he'd fit in better here than Walker.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote