View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommendations on Family Haulers?

Hey All,

As some of you already know, our family will be jumping from 3 members to 5 in November (twins on the way - I'm still in shock!). So that has put me in the market for a new vehicle, as our Passat won't even possibly fit 3 car seats.

Basically the only absolute requirement is that it has Captain's Chairs in the second row so our 3-year-old can get to the back easily, even with carseats in the 2nd row.

So that has left me with these options:

1) Big SUV (Suburban, Expedition, etc.) - i am not really considering these because of cost and low fuel economy.

2) Minivan - i know they have great features, but it's still a minivan.

3) Crossover (Ford Flex, GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Buick Encalve) - There are other crossovers, but those are the only ones with captain's chairs, i believe.

I find myself leaning toward the crossover section. The Ford Flex in particular. The look is definitely a "love it or hate it" thing, i happen to really like it. Seems to have near the cargo room of a minivan when i drove it. Plus the Ford Microsoft Sync thing is nothing short of AWESOME.

Anyway, do any of you have any opinions on this subject? Any research you did in buying your vehicle?

Thanks in advance!