View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #51
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieO41 View Post
Is Switzerland bordered by Mexico? Is it filled with gangs such as the Crips, Bloods and MS-13? Is it filled with psycho people like, Dylan Klebold, Eric Harris, Nadal Malik Hasan, Clay Duke, Seung-Hui Cho, and Jared Loughner? Probably not.

The US certainly cannot be a country where it allows more guns and less restrictions. Being from Ohio, most of the people I know own guns. I also know they aren't going to be used to kill people. People in Ohio like to hunt, target practice and even collect them as I'm sure they do in Texas. You really don't hear of these people going on mass killing sprees. The US needs to stop allowing those who are crazy have access to guns. There is no reason Loughner should have been able to go to Walmart and purchase ammunition. It shouldn't be so easy for people to purchase stuff like that. I believe that if you want to own a gun or guns, then you need to show that you know how to handle them, shoot them and are mentally capable to have them. They aren't toys. Wouldn't it make sense to have classes people go to learn about how to handle and use guns and then have them prove they know and understand this information before they are allowed to own one?

I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but if this country was more stable then I could understand allowing more people to own guns.
Well, deal with the instability. During alcohol prohibition you would've asked, is Switzerland bordered by Canada?
_____
And for the people who blame this massacre on an angered political climate: ever wondered why people loose any respect for life, when their government enslaves half a million people in prison for non-violent crimes, while it's killing thousands of people in the drug war and hundred of thousands of innocents in its endless wars around the world. Don't bullshit me with "angry rhetoric".

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote