View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #200
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
whether this spiritual marriage necessarily involves consummation in this life is uncertain in my view.....
being "sealed" and "celestial marriage" and "spiritual marriage" are all synonyms, as near as I can tell, and on the subject of celestial marriages and the LDS I find this quote:

Quote:
On page 72 of the 1998 edition of the Church Handbook of Instructions, the LDS Church clarified that a woman may also be sealed to more than one man. A woman, however, may not be sealed to more than one man while she is alive. She may only be sealed to subsequent partners after she has died.
do you get that? according to orthodox mormon thinking, a woman can get "married" more than once but only after she's dead. tell me that "married" here means "go see a judge and then have sex in a hotel."

if orthodox mormons are this wacky, imagine how much wackier they are out on the ranch.