View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
The idea was to redirect post game discussion to a single thread.

Its not really an uncommon thing in other sports forums...but it wasn't a big deal either.

Its really not that much different than having only ONE game day thread (since I'm sure multiple GDT's would be merged).

We weren't trying to restrict anyone, just help the flow of discussion.
Of course I'm sure you weren't trying to restrict anyone. Still, there is a difference in GDT's and postgame threads. GDT's tend to be about discussing tactics, or sometimes venting emotions even. Postgame threads are about analysis. They are two different animals.

The last couple years we had both, and it seemed to work well.

I guess my main question would be: Why have a postgame thread, if the idea is to keep all the discussion in one place? Why lock a thread and open a thread, when one thread already exists? Seems a bit inefficient to me.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote