View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #22
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Let me see if I understand this.

If we trade him and he doesn't fulfill his numbers can it go like this:

Trade him to team A at deadline for player X.

Team A then drops Damp at the end of the year to save the $.

We sign Damp to 1 Year deal?

Or can he be dropped right at the deadline, or what?

I'm not too contract savvy, so I need an explanation, tbh.
This season is fully guaranteed. Next year there's an option, 2100 minutes this year, the option becomes fully guaranteed. If he does not achieve those figures, it becomes a team option. The option's deadline is some time next summer, soon after the player movement moratorium is lifted, some time around July 1-15. The Mavs always have the option of trading him between now and the trade deadline.

Now if the Mavs do trade Damp and he is immediately cut, the team cutting him would be on the docket to pay the guaranteed portion of his contract. After being cut, Damp can rejoin the Mavs after a 30 day period. The team cutting him will not save any money, unless Damp agrees to a buyout. This always depends on the player, buyouts can range from 50-90% of the remaining salary.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote