View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 06:16 AM   #1014
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
At this point we prolly want JRich to opt in just to have his contract to trade next season. We don't have a pick to trade in the off season unless someone wants a pick in 2025. Best bet is to hope JRich gets some value back or package him. We won't have any cap either going forward because of KP and Luka's salary(Gonna get a max extension). Best chance to improve is with trades IMO. We can always dream of a scenario where Brogdon is available and somehow we have something that appeals to Indiana. Hell I'd be happy with Turner and he's a lot more reasonable asset wise. Maybe you use his salary in a SnT for Lauri or WCJ from Chi. Whatever the thought process it's easier to get those guys with JRich under contract then him opting out and us signing someone for room level type money after resigning THJ.
Yeah, that would give Green a little time to develop into that JRich/DWright role. Those two both ended up being bench players and I could see Green elevating to that level next mid-season.
However I wouldn't be overly upset if JRich opts out and we sign LM and then move KP for good young healthy player plus a decent expiring contract. That would provide both youth and some flexibility in FA going forward.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote