View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 09:54 PM   #66
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I’m not worried. I’m basing my opinion of KP on the playoffs
Agree 100%. That's really all that matters now, and with the way the Mavs are constructed and how much they need KP, the whole team's fortunes ride on him and his health come playoff time imo.

This is both a very scary but potentially exciting thing, and I think it's the number one reason why the Mavs have decided to manage him the way they have regardless of the potential impact on seeding. It's a roll of the die. I think the Mav had rather take their best shot with a healthy KP even as a 7 or 8 seed than potentially risk his availability even if it means a 5 or 6 seed.

Whether or not the Mavs are making the right decision will only been known in hindsight, but they have chosen this route, and with they way KP has been rounding back into playing shape, I don't really have any issues with it. Let's face it. If the Mavs are going to make some noise in the playoffs, they are going to have to beat one of the top 2 or 3 seeds, so does it really matter if it's the 1st or 2nd round? Only if they lose in the first.

Last edited by turin; 04-05-2021 at 09:57 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote