Thread: Fin Vs. Stack
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 06:33 PM   #43
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fin Vs. Stack

Quote:
Fin's also only averaged 3.0 FTA per game, which is most assuredly a function of his pulling up for jumpers instead of attacking the rim a la Stackhouse, who averages nearly twice as many free throw attempts per game.
Fin's been attacking. He's just not very good at drawing fouls. I know a lot of people are enthused about how aggressive he'd been to start the season, but I have to say that I'm not really all that excited about it. IMO Fin's a better scorer with the jumper than he is taking his man off the dribble and attacking the rim. With a number of other guys on the team being superior to Fin on the dribble drive and inferior to Fin draining it from 15' and out, I want to see Fin concentrate more on keeping the ball moving unless he catches it in space (in which case he should just rise up and shoot it right then), or with his defender off balance enough that it's easy for him to dribble into space and pull up for a jumper, or easy for him to make it to the basket without too much resistance from the perimeter.