Thread: Fin Vs. Stack
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 11:34 AM   #62
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Fin Vs. Stack

Quote:
Originally posted by: jibikao
I thought about this debate when Stack had 2 nice games. Is he better than Finely?

You know what, after a while, I don't think this debate is needed because:
1.) It's not like we can get rid of Finely, so even IF Stack is better, Finely will still play
2.) Both Finely and Stack are pretty different. Finely is a good shooter and Stack is a great one-on-one.
3.) Stack is a 6th man and I think his role is leaning towards Nick Van. I think Stack will be the most important piece we need in playoffs especially when defense gets a lot tighter and Mavs' shots just don't go in. We need somebody who can do one-on-one well and draw fouls. Both Dirk and Stack can do that which is NICE. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Admit it, Mav's isn't the best rebounding team, so when their shots are not going in (especially Finely), we need Stack to penetrate and draw fouls.

So, in conclusion, both Finely and Stack are extremely important. I am not too fond of Finely but when his shots go in, he's pretty good. Stack has been known for being an offense machine. He had a 29 pt per game in one year. He has potential.

If you ask me, I would rather have Stack than Jamison/Walker but that's another debate.

Jimmy
I think in general you are correct in your evaluation....with a few exceptions.

They have two different games yes, and each is very good at what they do.
My opinion is that Stack should start, and Fin should be the 6th man. I know Nellie won't do this out of loyality, and the leadership of Fin since he has been here so long, but here's my argument.

If you started Howard/Stack, with Nowitzki, then Dirk shoots the outside shot, and all others are going to the basket. Nellie then has a shooter to come off the bench to break the zone in Fin. Stack/Howard become backside cutters and rebounders. Howard cutting and allowing him to clean up, and dunk is playing to his strength. Stack getting the ball from the extra pass allows him to fake and take it to the rim. Fin being the 6th man who can come in for Stack or bust the zone would be a great assett for Nellie as well. Also Daniels could come in for Defense, or to post PG's etc.

I also start Stack instead of Fin, to make Dirk the #1 option, and Stack the #2, going to the rim, not settling for outside jumpers early in the game. Presently it seems like it is Dirk #1, and Damp #2 -- (but they forget about him).

I just don't see Nellie doing it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote