View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #17
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Man what a great win. Mavs showed great tenacity today in that they were able to maintain the lead in the third quarter even after it looked like Blazers had seized control of the game. They all gave great defensive effort on tired legs and outlasted a younger team that was well rested. Plus they beat a team that was 17-1 in their last 18 games at home, I believe (great accomplishment).

Dirk is just amazing. He truly has taken his game to another level. He delivered whenever Mavs need a bucket eventhough he was THE focus of Blazers' defense. Jet and Kidd were great too. Barea scored here and there but his mistakes and shortcomings can be really frustrating to watch.

I have to say I was really disappointed in Wright today. He is the second youngest starter on this team behind Barea and played like a 35 year old on a back to back. He was taking lazy shots and committed silly fouls on defense. Just terrible. Let's hope he bounces back against Warriors.

EDIT: I didn't watch the end of the game, so I missed the Wright save/steal. Got to give him credit there. That was a very important play

Last edited by vRookie; 03-11-2009 at 11:50 PM.
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote