View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #134
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Note the comment about Hamilton's defense in Center:

Now look at how the stat was formed, and why comments like this are stupid as hell without a little research and some common sense:

I dont see a giant issue with either the stat or your point that it needs to be taken in context. What I would say from looking at those numbers and watching hamilton play, is that if he plays center for 30 or so games a year, he is a plus in center. However if you leave him out there for the majority of the year, the wear and tear that everyone is so concerned about with him begins to negatively affect his defense in a way that is visible both to the naked eye and more advanced defensive metrics.

BTW on the Vlad/Dunn thing, I knew that you knew they werent actually similar hitters. No matter how much we disagree on things, I know you follow baseball. I was simply pointing that out for anyone else who might be reading and did a poor job of clarifying.

Ive been thinking about the potential for a Greinke trade and Ive got a different idea. Id offer Elvis Andrus straight up for him(I think theyd have a hard time turning that down) and then go after either Alexei Ramirez, Stephen Drew or Marco Scutaro(whom the sox are supposed to be dealing). I wouldnt do the greinke trade without having the trade for another SS done first though.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote