View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #60
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
the entire incident was Artests fault. everything that happened was Artests fault. His punishment was his fault. Jackson had to hit that guy because of ARtest. Oneil had to hit the other guy because of Artest. The fans booed and threw stuff at ARtst becuase of himself. That whole entire thing was Artests fault and no one elses fault. Jackson should be help accountable for what he did as well as Oneil, as well as Artest.

So from your estimation, a player running frantically into the stands laying his hands on another person, whether it be hitting or grabbing, is ok? No, the media did not influence me at all. I know what I saw, and I saw it millions of times. Artest should be gone recording records and promoting his record label.
The whole thing was Artest's fault? That's laughable. How about Ben Wallace starting the whole damn thing? How about the idiot that threw the beer in the first place. How about the idiot Detroit fans that turned it into a riot.

This was FAR from the first time a player had entered the stands. Hell, Cliff Harris and Charlie Waters jumped into the stands in full pads and helmets and beat on some fans. Should they have been banned from football?????

There were a ton of people at fault for the incident, and Artest's punishment was way out of line with everyone else's.

Certainly not saying it's ok. It's not. He deserved at least as many games as Jackson got. But the whole damn season and playoffs was too much.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote