View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #99
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Chum, there's a reason for the "anti-Nash faction" and "heil Cuban" movement.

In my case, it's because the "pro-Nash" faction and the 02-03 Mav-lovers are one and the same.

Every argument about Cuban's decision and Nash's worth rests upon the success that this team enjoyed while Nash was here. And you and all the rest will point to that 03 team and go on pointing at it until you're rotting in your graves. You'll talk about how great that team was, how it was on the verge of a championship and so on, until Mark Cuban threw it all away by letting Steve Nash walk.

And I'm on the other side. The side that, inspite of how much I loved that team, never believed in it. I sincerely do NOT want to get into another debate about the 03 team, but I honestly didn't think that team was legit. I thought that team was a sheep in wolve's clothing, and that it would never get past the San Antonios and Sacramentos of the league unless some very dramatic changes were made. I also believed that that team's window was closing, just like Sacramento's window was closing.

Basically what I'm saying is, the "anti-nash" faction consists of the folks who believe that the Mavericks as they are currently constructed are a significantly better team than they were in 03. I'm one of these people.

Also, the "pro-Nash" faction these days seems to be the national media, and as such is synonymous with the Anti-Dirk faction, and so I think the resentment factor also comes into play.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote