Thread: Trivia
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2001, 03:19 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I've laid off the music scene a bit but my current software setup primarily consists of Sonic Foundry Acid Pro 3.0 and Sound Forge 5.0. Programs like MixMan are ok for just playing around but aren't really geared towards production-level tracking and composition. My hardware, aside from my computers, includes a set of Pioneer CDJ-100S digital cd turntables hooked up to a Pioneer DJM-300S mixer, and a Roland MC303 GrooveBox for additional beats and efx. Like I said, I've hardly done any music work the last year or two but I intend to start up again one of these days just for fun.

I originally started playing around with stuff about five years ago (shortly after I quit playing the piano..something I had done for nearly 11 years but got tired of after competing a number of times), and used FastTracker II along with Cool Edit and Goldwave. This was back before mp3s gained in popularity and a lot of aspiring electronic musicians pumped out tunes in .mod format.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote