View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #43
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
While it is true that the Mavs haven't won a championship and that all of this would be for naught if they don't win one...but the truth of the matter is that if you are not going to enjoy the milestones along the way then why the hell do you read these boards until the playoffs or even the championship round? A fan forum is a place for fans to gather and enjoy the success or loathe in the failures of their teams. We can gather and make fun of the trolls, but if the "rain on the parade" comes from another fan then are you doing nothing more than the trolls would be doing. No the Mavs haven't won a championship. No, aside from making the playoffs, the regular season means nothing. But to a fan...a true fan that watched the Mavs suck it up through the regular season and be voted the worst sports franchise of the 1990's...I will enjoy these milestones. Why? Because each milestone is a step towards the championship. If they don't win and reach these milestones then it becomes impossible for them to win that ring. Be a fan...don't be a troll.
Hey I was there in the 90's at Reunion with my feet up on the seat in front of me because there was plenty of room to spread out, so please spare me tht lecture.

I am GREATLY enjoying the season. We all are.

I'm just saying, the bar has been raised. The expectations are high. We're spoiled. It's impressive how far they've come, it really is. We've been enjoying that part for a while now.

I just think that the Mavs have come as far as they can now, and there's nothing else to "celebrate" until they win a title. They beat SA...they beat Phx...they're the best regular season team this year...they have a West Conf champ banner....

"51 of 56" to me sounds like we're now digging a little too deep for things to celebrate because we're stuck between all that other stuff and the thing that we REALLY want.

Go ask Dirk or Avery what they think about "51 of 56."

see the look on Averys' face in my signature? That's the answer you'd get.