View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #207
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I'm not very excited about this season any more. It's just going the same way as usual. We'll probably end up 7th and the Spurs will send us home once more.
So? Be a fan. You aren't a fan if you only cheer when we're winning a championship. Plus, everyone doubted us in 2011 when we had about a .300 record against the top teams in the league.

Quote:
Seeing that between 2001 and 2008 we've always been among the best (regular season) teams makes me wonder if Rick is really that great of a coach as everyone says.
Winning is hard. I don't think you know how hard it is to win in the NBA night after night. It's easy to piss and moan about a loss and how we should be better, but every single thing in the NBA is hard. Assessing talent, acquiring talent, getting personalities to jive, finding on-court chemistry, keeping up with strategic trends, drawing up plays. It's all incredibly difficult.

Quote:
He's good and I really like him as a person, but in seven seasons with Rick as a head coach we've just passed the first playoff round two times. Before that we've done that five times in eight seasons (since the beginning of the Dirk era). If he hadn't won that championship in 2011, his record would look quite average to be honest although I'm not saying he's done a bad job.
Again this is whiny and entitled. I know you feel sorry for yourself after a loss, but this is just dumb. We DID win a championship. Winning is #@%ing hard. Please shut up with your whining. You are literally whining that we've been a .500+ team for years. That is incredible. If you feel entitled to a championship every year, then yeah, of course you are going to go home with sour grapes-- even the Spurs as dominant as they have been haven't had a championship every year. We've done damn well. We've been a winning team with some ups and downs. That's better than half the league and yet you whine. Wanna be a fan? Cheer no matter what. We've been a winning team so long we have fans like you who whine and moan every time we lose as if we are entitled to go 82-0, not appreciating that we've been one of the top-5 teams in the league over the last decade. We we on the decline now? Absolutely. There will never be another Dirk. Should we all piss and moan about being only .500? No way

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-24-2016 at 07:10 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote