View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 02:26 PM   #18
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough
Default RE:here it is MR. XERXES- the TOP 16 voted KERRY!!! WOW....

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
"in a common sense intelligence test, which is all that really matters in the long run,"

Are you serious? Common sense is now your spin? You are applying for a high paying job, they check over your college grades..."hey, I understand my GPA is 2.1- but sir- common sense is really all that matters!!" I am smarter than them other putts out there...hire me please!! Come on- you can think of something better than that- I hope.. After all, who needs Havard, Brown, Yale, Princeton, etc...as long as you have common sense, that is all that really matters!!!! That is according to AnMan
I graduated with a less than stellar GPA from college, but what I lacked in supposed intelligence, I made up for by being sociable and hard working. I received more job offers than any of my classmates, some of whom had 4.0s. To top it all off, I make quite a bit more as a starting salaried actuary than most people ever make in a year. There is a lot more to a person than a GPA or "intelligence" test, and yes, THAT'S what matters. Furthermore, I never damned Havard, Brown, Yale, etc...I respect the book smarts those students have. However, I'm sure there are plenty of them that can't hammer a nail, plow a field, or negotiate with a carsalesman and would never be able to learn. Just like there are plenty of "common" people that can do physical labor/house work who couldn't take the integral of a mortality function, wax intelligently about Plato, or duplicate Einstein's theory of relativity......you tell me what "intelligence" skills are more valuable in the long run....

But you still didn't answer my question (as is the typical democratic - all questions, no solutions way): How about you prove those top ten states are smarter. I'm all ears....

AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote