View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 05:10 PM   #31
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough
Default RE:here it is MR. XERXES- the TOP 16 voted KERRY!!! WOW....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog

I deal with demograhic data daily, I have the US demographic database from Claritas. I believe that it is also available from the feds, it just isn't trended (only the raw 2000 numbers).

My point is there is no other way to rank the individual states as to the "smarts" of its pop than to utilize educational attainment. You cannot do it by income, for as you mention there are some who don't complete a formal education yet have been very successful in life.
Put us city folk on a farm, and bring the farm folk into the city - both systems would fall apart at the seams. The point is, intelligence is much more than an IQ test, or a graduation percentage. It's being able to adjust and excel in your surroundings.

Reeds is saying "clearly those top states are smarter," but he's lumping the populations of really diverse states' IQs and claiming it to be a fair representation to compare with a state like New York. I'm sorry, but that's just not the case. If he wants to compare IQ's of those states he should take the fair base: City of New York IQ vs. Cities of Dallas and Houston IQs. I'll bet the results would be much closer.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote