View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #96
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I wanted to get some viewpoints on how we can get Wallace.

From what I am reading the MLE will be around 6 million.

But, we could also pay 8% raises for each year up to 5 years.

This means we could offer Wallace 5 yrs/34.6 milion right? With the pay raises..

Now, I am trying to see if we could still offer a bonus to Wallace, which could be up to 20% of total compensation(34.6 million), which means about 8 million.

If we divide 8 million by 5= $1.6 million signing bonus each year

So, Wallace base salary would have to be lowered by $1.6million = $4.4 base salary for this year, then he would also get the entire bonus $8 million this year as well for a grand total of 12.4 million total compensation for this year?

This makes the entire deal worth about 40.6 million over 5 years?
You're essentially correct up until the very last sentence. The total dollars paid throughout the contract does not increase. Wallace would benefit by having a bigger chunk paid to him up front, but at the end of 5 years he'd end up having been paid that same $34.8 mil.

It's kind of a moot point though because as far as the team's salary cap is concerned all contracts get allocated as if no signing bonus was paid.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote