View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

We were talking about this at work yesterday, then I saw the report on KXAS yesterday from the losing high school.

No one is coaching those girls. The clips showed them "in action" during what amounted to a shootaround. Trust me. That school owes those girls a lot more than what they're getting every day in practice. Not shooting the ball with two hands, for example. It was that fundamentally bad.

Their basketball coach "does not display a Christ-like approach" to caring about her job. Beyond the idea of winning for teams who have the talent to do so regularly, one of the primary purposes of HS sports is to learn how to work hard to get better at something. But if you've never played basketball in your life, you need a coach who actually bothers to teach you things like proper shooting form.

Also, you have to wonder about who's doing the scheduling - the team hasn't won a game in 4 years. I don't know how TAPPS works.. but clearly this school needs to be in a different classification, or at least have someone think better of scheduling games like this - assuming the game wasn't against the TAPPS equivalent of a district opponent and would've been more or less required.

I was in some pretty awful basketball games in 7th grade, but we always got to double digits. You have to be unspeakably awful at basketball to not score a single point, or to not get fouled once in a 32 minute game and make one free throw.

Last edited by Rhylan; 01-23-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote