Thread: Texas/Arkansas
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 03:54 PM   #31
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Texas/Arkansas

Crushing loss. The only solace is that's it's early. If we beat K-State and O.U. we still have an outside chance at the title game. No team has looked unbeatable. Probably a moot point, because the way our D looked, I can't see us not loosing again.

Quite simply we were blown off the ball. I knew we were in trouble when Shawn Andrews was playing agianst our undersized defensive end Pickryl. If Young and Benson saw the holes Cobb was running through, we would have had more then 50 yards.

Play of the Game- I believe it was 3rd and 2 Ark. was around or 40 with about 6 minutes to go. I knew they were going to roll Jones out and I'll be damned if they didn't. Our freshman corner lost contain, and that was all she wrote. Jones runs to the one and the game is effectively over.

I have to agree with you Murph, we're soft on both lines. Our O-line can pass block, but they don't blow people off the ball. They look small. It is a young bunch, so hopefully the'll improve.

Mock wan't bad, but he was far from spectacular. As far as the run pass ratio, we threw the ball 40 times. Too many times it seemed he settled for short pass instead of going downfield.

Young would have been a nice change of pace, but when we fell behind, I new Mack would be too scared to put him in.