Thread: Inside-Out
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 07:29 AM   #8
PubaNWO

PubaNWO is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Inside-Out

Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33
I would love for this team to start inside and get themselves going. That's why I'm always frustrated that our best scorer inside starts the game on the bench.

But a big part of the reason why this team doesn't get any easy baskets, dunks, or layups is because no one can create. This team is way too reliant on Nash. I think the hope was that Walker might be able to help in that regard, but he makes too many turnovers and can't consistently finish at the rim.

Why do you think Daniels has been so important? He started getting more playing time because he has the ability and will to get to the bucket. He can create better than almost everyone on this team.
I agree. Daniels can create a good shot on his own because he has that talent and is often in a favorable matchup.....yet he is still a rookie and he can't be asked to make the big shots down the stretch. It's gotta be Dirk, Finley, Nash, or Walker in this instance....

As for Walker not being able to create that's been disappointing but not surprising.....obviously he's one of the guys on this Mavs team you would rather have trying to score since he has a poor shot....he's struggled with it and opponents take advantage of it.....Nellie has lost confidence in him so he doesn't play him a lot which exacerbates the situation....now the only real mismatches in this series is Dirk and Daniels.....frankly I think Nellie is too impatient and loses confidence easily. I think he's probably too old to coach and has become mentally weak.....maybe it's time for him to go.....

PubaNWO is offline   Reply With Quote