View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #133
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
This is what I don't get. Raising the price of energy is COMPLETELY solving the problem by it's roots.
Quote:
Germany ISN'T the US. If the price of gas increased by o' say double, the US would change quite a bit of it's behaviour.
This is something I´m not so sure about, as the man is a creature of it´s habit and you get accustomed to everything, even to high energy prices. For me, the best is to use environmentally friendly technology, so you are not that dependent on the behavior of the people. But everyone his own opinion. I wouldn´t have anything against, to double the energy prices. If you are right and the people change their habits regarding energy consumption, well done. I think it´s not fair to burden only the consumer. The burden has to be averaged equitably between the consumer and the industry as both are accountable for the problem of man made global warming.

It is a substantial progress to cut the size of cars, but it´s more important to construct engines with less consumption instead of building smaller cars.

It´s not the point for me to have a government fiat, but I don´t think the auto industry would voluntary construct engines with less consumption as I think the consumer in USA prefer cars with big engines. Because of that I said that it would bring preassure to bear, if the consumer would refuse to buy those cars.

I don´t think the American are that "bad", I think there is a little hope left.

I for one am a big fan of USA and it would be a dream for me to live there. Maybe if I have enough money in the future I will try to migrate in the USA. Provided that the humanity, by destroying of the environment or other reasons, hasn´t demolished itself. I think, once this will work out for me, the only thing I would definitely miss, is the good German and especially Bavarian beer.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 04-14-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote