Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 04:52 PM   #275
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Bane has shorter arms, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with his stroke. His release point isn't really low relative to his body type. JJB for example has been getting his shots off successfully for many years and there is a long list of others, who are shorter than Bane that have as well. I'd have zero concerns of this and the same for his defense. The 2 things you mentioned is what I would say he does best. I think he would guard anyone 1-3. Especially guards we don't want Luka on.

The questions I have with drafting a PG:

What about Burke? We can't let him slip away if we can reasonably keep him.

Can they operate off ball with Luka on the floor?

Can they shoot at a high clip, AND defend?
He cocks his shot. JJB has a shot put sort of stroke. I like Bane’s body control on drives, saw some nice finishes going glass on drives ala Ginobli. It’s highlights so not sure what % he’s making on those as we are seeing mostly or all makes. Likely wouldn’t have looks as clean against NBA defenders. I like him but he’s not fluid athlete like Maxey or Lewis. Has any used the Desmond Mason comp? He has a similar build. That’s who he reminds me most of only maybe a little less athletic or fluid.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-21-2020 at 04:53 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote