View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 12:56 AM   #36
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I was appreciating the obeisance you were paying me, up until that penultimate sentence.
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is

Quote:
So let me get this straight. You came on board when the Mavericks drafted Wang Zhi Zhi, and you are going to tell *me* something about being a Mavs fan?
Certainly not! I'm shocked and chagrined that you have interpreted my posts as a chastisement of you.

Quote:
I've seen the team through thick and thin. Through a heart-wrenching loss in the Western Conference Finals when you were probably still in diapers. When Aguirre and Blackman and Harper lost to the likes of Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy. You may have heard those names, but you didn't watch those guys play.

And I was there, watching night in and night out when the Mavs were winning about one game in eight. I savored those wins, brother. And I had a healthy respect for the (few) guys who were deserving of them.

OrangeDays, if you haven't suffered the hard times, you have no idea how precious the good times are. You have no idea how valuable guys like Steve Nash and Eddie Najera and Mike Finley are. With due respect, I would appreciate it if you would keep your criticisms to yourself.
Hot damn chum, you've confirmed what I suspected.

You honestly believe I don't know as much about this Mavs team because I wasn't around for Rolando and Mark?

With the moat that you're digging around yourself, you're going to be awfully lonely on that island if you're going to dismiss people who haven't been around as long as you. A healthy respect for fans who know what they're talking about is highly recommended - elitism based on tenure is not.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote