View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Portland the city itself has some interesting things (the Science museum, Niketown, etc...) but where it's at is the surrounding areas. Willamette Valley wine region (Ponzi winery, my favorite) is worth the trip. I know you won't be there long enough but the Oregon Coast is awe inspiring. Hood County is worth the drive as well, along the Columbia River, Mount Hood.... driving through Hood County is awesome in the fall and spring when the fruit is in season because the local farmers will have fruit stands and it's just the best tasting pears you will ever have.

I know you are from Texas, and I believe you used to live in the Hill Country so maybe this won't matter as much to you but just the scenery of the landscape of the Portland area (be it in the city, or elsewhere) I could just stare at for hours and feel satisfied. My wife and I want to acquire property up there by the time I retire for vacations and getaways. I am scared if I moved there I would become complacent to seeing it everyday and not appreciate it like I do on our occasional trips up there.

edit - also, have some Dungeness Crab.... as the locals up there think it's indigenous to their area (<----kidding)

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-01-2007 at 12:34 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote