View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #33
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Toshiba made the best machines(hd dvd) upconvert regular dvd's to 720 or 1080 in some of the players they make. It is over, hd/dvd is out and it will be blow out prices. Do you have regular dvd's? The Toshiba is one of the best to scale it up to beautiful percet video. Planet Earth and so many of the best movies will be blown out now with hd/dvd's. It is no difference between what you see in blu ray comparred to hd dvd machines. Both are simply great. The bad is they will stop making any releases for hd dvd format. If you want a great machine to play and upscale your dvd's and even what is out in hd dvd, hd dvd is good and catch a blow out on a 400 machine at about 75.00.

Blu Ray, wait untill the price comes down and the very best machine made is called a Play Station 3. Not for games but for playing blu ray. It is the best. It is better than 1,000 machines. Some will say it rivals Toshiba as the best up scale regular dvd's also. You also get to stream jpg's, mp3's, movies wireless from your computer harddrive to your tv with the ps3. For future proof, ps3 is the best and when Sony makes updates, the ps3 can make updates thru its ethernet connection as where most stand alones can't. Toshiba could also. Panasonic makes a good stand alone blu ray machine. Not as good as ps3 but very good.

Just try to watch and catch a ps3 cheap. They are pretty high now. In about 5 years or so it won't be blu ray or hd dvd. Everything is going to be watched from your computer internet connection to dvd for movies you rent or buy. Japan just launched a satellite for internet that is 5 times faster than our internet now. This was the only hold back, when we watch small games on soapcast or video you notice sometimes it isn't clear and is small. The bandwidth isn't up to snuff yet. It is on the new internet where they can bring video the way it should be.

It is night and day from watching a game on hd 1080i or 1080p vs old analog tv. Like twist says, blu ray is a must for hd fans. I am waiting a blow out or big special on ps3 and i do not play games and won't. Most Toshiba's have crashed down to about 90.00 now and the full 1080p machine is 120.00 or so. I am going to wait untill they blow the remaining ones out between 50 and 75 and pick one of those up also for it's upconvert ability.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote