View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #205
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
you remind me of sarah palin, who would regurgitate an answer to a question and totally miss what the questioner asked....all those nra sites do a great job of telling it like the nra wants to portray the facts, which is selecting the parameters which best support their more guns for more people position.

here, I'll make it simpler for you: the number of guns in america has increased steadily, with no decrease in the number of guns in any one year, over time.

the crime rate has had periods of increasing rates of crime and decreasing rates of crime over time.

therefore over time there is not direct correlation between the number of guns and the level of crime. the two are independent of each other.

nice try tho.
Perfect. I can live with that. But, I can't live with your earlier statements that increased guns equaled increased crime rates or murder rates or even accidental gun deaths.

So, we can agree that guns have not made crime rates, murder rates, or accidental gun deaths worse.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote