View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #41
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'm not at all convinced that Booby isn't currently the Mavs' best late-game option at point. He handled the offensive responsibility very well against Utah, he's got defensive chops that neither DC or James can match, and though his shooting has been atrocious, he's at least been careful with the ball.

I'm not sure what Rick's intentions are with Mike yet. Last night could easily have been nothing more than an outlier case where nothing was working and things sort of stabilized when James was out there so Rick stuck with him; that is, as opposed to last night being a reliable indicator of how James, Booby and Darren will be used going forward. One thing that has occurred to me Re: this latest instance of the Mavs' mining for aged veteran point guards is that it could be motivated almost entirely by a realization that if Dallas does end up finding an advantageous trade this season, it's all but certain to cost them DC or Booby, in which case they'd need another point guard for the season's stretch run.

Can't go that route because his offense/lack of aggression on offense would make him a prime target of the defense down the stretch. Just like defenses target Mayo/Collison with traps, teams would leave Roddy open for a shot.

He really has made a lot of inroads with regards to running the team but it looks to have come at the expense of his own offense. He doesn't know when to look for his own offense. Last night was a perfect example. He was content to making the pass to open shooters even though no one was connecting. After the 3rd/4th miss shot, a light has to go off that says' "I'm being guarded by someone who is 6in shorter than me and I am playing one of the worst defenses in the league". His one shot attempt in 7 minutes was very half-hearted even though he made great move to escape a a high trap.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote