View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Yea, I think Carlisle can't stand rookie mistakes, but he will get a sick Jason Kidd in the playoffs. When youi're tired your immune is down, does playing Kidd 32 guarantee he's not sick in the playoffs, no, but chances are better that he doesn't get sick. You have to trust your players, mistakes will happen, Tony Parker, Rajon Rondo are some of the stars who learned on the big stage. This team will win 55 games no matter what, getting Roddy PT will get you another round in the playoffs. You learn from mistakes, you only get so much from soneone in your ear, you have to go out and learn those mistakes. A mistake here or there, will not cost you a game, with the vets we surround them with. Would you run Dojo and Roddy out there at the same time? Not likely, but staggering their minutes with Kidd/Jet would do wonders for us and them in the playoffs. Carlisle doesn't see it and guess won't get it. Still going with the idea of no roles, and the players playing best will fill roles we need, game to game. This is not what a vet team needs, you look at the Lakers-Celtics they both have youngsters filling roles.
Oh, he sees it and gets it. But I think some of it has to do with RC needed to establish some sort of job security too and heavy minutes for rookies with this kind of veteran roster in most cases isn't the way to guarantee that. I think it has turned around now tho, Coach knows what Cuban wants from him and what the team needs so I look for him to have a longer leash on the young guys this year..unless they are struggling consistently.

Dojo will struggle some with his shot most likely but I think his redemption factors(driving, penetration etc) will always be bigger than his early rookie mistakes and short comings shooting the ball imo.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote