View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #61
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Denver is 46-36 and out of the Western playoffs. Legit tanking is expected to be much less prevalent with the new draft odds starting next year. I can see the Mavs improving quite a bit just from our insane number of close game losses and player improvement, but even having a winning record in the West would be a dramatic change. Becoming a .500 team means winning 17 more games than this year.
You're absolutely right. I don't think the Mavs will be competing for a title in the next few seasons..but they can be right back in the thick of the playoff hunt next year. Once you have a couple of young guys establishing themselves, you become a much more likely place for a free agent to land. Dallas is primed to turn it around quickly in my opinion IF they hit a home run this year. I don't believe the Mavs were anywhere near as bad as their record indicated this season.

Their expected W/L based off of points would put them at 33-49 for the season... And realistically, much of that has to do with not necessarily rolling with your best players down the stretch of games. The Mavs were abysmal in close games this season. I don't think this Mavs team was good this season by any stretch.. just don't think they were anywhere near as bad as the record indicated..which is great for draft purposes.

Last edited by Luke; 04-12-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote