View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 09:26 AM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default I have to say that any trade is useless...

Here we are speculating on so many trades.. Fin to Chicago for Curry. Walker for Rasheed. I have come to the realization that no matter who the Mavs get, Nellie will play a strange lineup. Why? Because he can. The plan when the Mavs made the trades was so they could put out 5 all-star caliber players. Have those players played together for an extended period of time yet? Conventional wisdom says to put Fin at 2 because he's really a SG and he is bigger than most. What does Nellie do? He says, he's really a 3. The Mavs have Fortson and Bradley as their centers. Both have played decently and from what I remember, they have few really negative plays. What does Nellie do? He doesn't play them any significant minutes. We have Jamison. Da Man in GS and a very good player. He's coming off the bench playing 20 minutes? The Mavs said they needed a center. Mutumbo and Stepania were out there and they didn't offer them much. Mutumbo for a mil? Who knows what they offered Stepania. So, speculating on getting the "right" players is just frustrating. Even if we think we have really good players, Nellie will just continue playing tricked up lineups.