Thread: Tax Tea Party
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

public protest is as american as...well, bitching about things is truly one of our national traits.

go for it, although there should be some concern about the propensity of some of the attendees packing iron, if you know what I mean...and that seems to be a bit too combustible for my taste, especially if there's some alcohol served there. these aren't all tea totlers ya know.

it should be great theater actually, what with the free promotion undertaken by fox news that is sure to draw some of the more colorful fringe folks. look for those arguing about illegal immigrants\white supremist, gun rights and even the anti-internationalist "trilateral commission" people to be out in force.

I don't know what issue would be more commonly shared out there...everyone no matter which side of the aisle wants to pay less in taxes. everyone would like to see our government to spend less.

the truth however is that the people who are out there protesting these items don't really have or propose a solution. in fact, if it were possible to ask each and every one of them, it would be clear that the protestors want less taxes and less spending but they still want to receive the same level of government services, and the same if not more spending for the government programs they fervently support.

the proverbial conundrum.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote