Thread: Lance Armstrong
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2001, 09:32 AM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

NotEnuffEyesToSee - There is very little kinship between the states that were in the Confederacy and those that remained in the US (unless it's during the Olympics or a war). I'm from Texas and I rarely like anyone I meet from up north.

The American Civil War has scars that remain in our country. My grandfather heard stories from his grandfather about how badly the North abused the South during Reconstruction. Carpetbaggers stole EVERYTHING and were protected because they were Northerners. Plus, there was no legal basis for the US to force states to remain in the Union. The Southern states freely joined, they should have been allowed to freely leave.

I almost punched out a guy from England once when he called me a "Yank". I finally thought of a great comeback and I started calling him a "Mick". Man, he sure did get mad quick.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote